Whether you are a student looking for a science fair project, a natural history buff, or someone who just wants to make a difference, Community Bat Projects provide many opportunities for residents to get involved in bat conservation and research. There are many things you can do:
- Be a bat champion and help your community become Bat-friendly. See “Bat-friendly Communities"
- Collect valuable data on our local bat populations by volunteering four evenings a year to count bats as they fly out of a roost site - we will match volunteers to a roost site nearby. See “Participate in Annual Bat Count”
- Find out more about the amazing world of bats by booking an educational program for your community group or school class [May not be available in all regions of BC].
- Create and enhance bat habitat on your property.
- Install and monitor a bat house (see Bat-houses)
- Donate to the Bat Program
- Join our email list!