The Cariboo-Chilcotin and Central Coast joined in on the BC Community Bat Project in 2016. The main objectives are to:
• Provide a central source of information for property owners to find out about bats and how to co-exist with them. We share science-based information about bat eviction timing and techniques.
• Provide information about bat houses.
• Identify where bat colonies exist in human-made structures and which species of bats are using them.
• Encourage participation among people having bat roosts and colonies to join in on the annual BC Bat Count (download forms and instructions elsewhere on this website):
• Level 1: Bat Reporter - 2 counts over the summer (between June 1 and 21)
• Level 2: Bat Tracker - 2 counts between June 1 – 21, 1 count between July 11 - Aug 5
• Level 3: Bat Enthusiast – 2 counts between June 1 – 21 and 2 counts between July 11 – August 5
Bill Gilroy, Scout Island Nature Centre
email@example.com 1-855-922-2287 ext. 22
A 4-chambered nursery box installed at Scout Island Nature Centre on the pole that also houses osprey, tree swallow and duck nests.